Known for its rich cultural heritage, India is also one of the exciting wildlife destinations in the world. India is home to around several Wildlife Sanctuaries and National Parks which makes this country a nature lover’s paradise. India’s wildlife is rich and diverse. It comprises of a mix of species of different flora and fauna. When it comes to the safari tours, India has a lot to offer. The wildlife of India includes famous Bengal Tigers, Lions, Deer, Python, Wolves, Foxes, Bear, Crocodiles, Camels, Wild Dogs, Monkeys, Snakes and what not.
Taking a jungle safari will provides an exhilarating experience. India also has about four hundred species of mammals and thirteen hundred species of birds. The varied and rich wildlife of India has had a profound impact on the region’s popular culture. Some of the major wildlife sanctuaries are Corbett National Park, Gir Wildlife Sanctuary, Kaziranga National Park, Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Blackbuck National Park, Neyyar Sanctuary, Kutch Desert Wildlife Sanctuary and so on. All these wildlife sanctuaries are blessed with a rich diversity of animals, birds and plants.
Safaris in India offer very exciting Wildife and bird viewing opportunities. Some of the best India’s safari spots are discussed below:
JIM CORBETT NATIONAL PARK
– It is in Uttarakhand. It is India’s first and oldest national park. Famous for protecting and preserving Bengal Tiger, this is a nice destination for adventure seekers.
KANHA NATIONAL PARK
- It is situated in Mandla, Madhya Pradesh. For tiger spotting, this national park is a worth visit.
SUNDERBANS NATIONAL PARK
– This National Park is situated in West Bengal. Here you will find variety of birds, reptiles and many invertebrate species.
RANTHAMBORE NATIONAL PARK
– It is in Rajasthan. It is one of the largest national parks. Here you can spot the tigers during day time also.
KAZIRANGA NATIONAL PARK
- Located in Assam, this is a world heritage site famous for one-horned rhinoceros, tigers, elephants, swamp deers, wild water buffalo etc.
DACHIGAM NATIONAL PARK
–It has large population of musk deer, leopards, Himalayan Black Bear and many species of birds. If you enjoy bird watching, then Dachigam is the place for you.
DUDHWA NATIONAL PARK
- It is a green and happy place for animals. You can find swamp deer, one horned rhinoceros, hog deer, cheetal etc.
SARISKA NATIONAL PARK
- Four horned antelope, leopard, nilgai, tiger etc. are some of the inhabitants of this national park. It is situated about 100 kms away from Jaipur, Rajasthan.
GOBIND SAGAR WILDLIFE SANCTUARY
– It is situated near Bilaspur in the state of Himachal Pradesh. It is famous for varied species of fish.
Other that the mentioned names, there are many other national parks and sanctuaries located in different parts of the country.